A UX designer (UXD) creates and enhances digital interfaces like websites, apps, and software programs to make the experience more effortless and enjoyable for consumers. Their work helps boost customer satisfaction, build brand loyalty, and ensure that there aren’t any design elements present that might deter potential customers. This includes everything from smooth navigation to enhanced visual appeal and a simplified sign-up or checkout process.
- Conduct competitive analyses of other websites that operate in the same space.
- Prepare customer analyses based on our target demographic and initial transactions.
- Participate in creating a content development strategy.
- Coordinate with UI design team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design and more.
- Designing user flows to show how customers interact with our site.
- Making style guides to define UI elements.
- Prototyping products for user testing.
- Creating wireframes to guide developers and visual designers.
- Conducting A/B tests to measure customer response.
- Conduct usability tests on each independent type of page on the website and create a report showcasing your findings.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Track usability goals and prepare reports for senior management.
- Develop mockups for our development and design team.
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Artistic eye on visual design skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
Industry: Design / Communication Design
Functional Area: IT Integrated – Customer Interaction
Role Category: Design & Workflow Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Education: Bachelor Degree or U.G or P.G in Design